flickr

www.flickr.com

01 February, 2006

Auto Update

When I hadn't heard from the transmission guys by yesterday afternoon, I decided to go ahead and call them. I spoke with Eric.

Eric: Has your car been in a flood?
Me: umm...no.
Eric: OK - there was water in your transmission lines and we were wondering if that's where it came from.

Riiiight...a flood...that's it. He then went on to say that if I hadn't been flooded, it's likely a cracked radiator, because the water "couldn't be coming from anywhere else" and that they had the car up on the lift then, and he'd call me in the morning to let me know what was going on.

So I waited until 4:45 this afternoon before calling back. When I called at 4:45, I was told that I had to talk to Eric, who was on a road test. Tim said he'd have Eric call me back within 5 minutes. I called back at 5:15, only to have Eric tell me exactly what he told me yesterday. He said with some amount of certainty that the transmission wore out because of the water, which meant the radiator was broken. I get the impression that no one has even bothered to look at the radiator. He promised he'd call tomorrow morning around 9 once he's checked on the price of a radiator and called his bosses to make sure that he was correctly diagnosing the problem. He also gave me a ballpark figure of around $200.

Honestly, I just don't think that 62,000 miles is enough to warrant two crapped out transmissions and a broken radiator. And if I wake up tomorrow and haven't heard from them by noon, I may need to borrow Scott's car and drive over there for a little face time. Perhaps Eric has a bunch of cars of his own and doesn't understand the concept that I need my car, I need him to stop dicking around, and I need them to be accountable for whatever they screwed up the first time around that has caused me to come back so soon.

That being said, I'll gladly pay the $200 if it means I can have my car back by the end of the week. Scott and I aren't working the same shift, and not being able to stay past 1 am on overtime is ultimately going to lower my paycheck.

No comments: