flickr

www.flickr.com

18 July, 2008

"It Tastes Funny, and There's No Cream Filling"

After the success of introducing scrapple to Scott, I thought I'd try out a Philly treat that's sure to please: the Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpet.

It turns out he liked the scrapple better.

He came around in the end, and ended up eating almost his whole half of the carton. What? He was obviously craving less processed cake product than I was! Don't judge!

I'm pretty sure Publix carries at least one variety of cream-filled cupcake. Maybe I'll try my luck with one of those. For me though, the butterscotch krimpet is a cellophane-wrapped passport to my youth!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was prolly hard for Scott to try something that looked so much like a Twinkie, that doesn't taste anything LIKE a Twinkie! The Krimpet still has the "fondont" on top, right? I used to eat that first! But to me, you can't know Tastykakes unless you're in Philadelphia where the variaties are staggering! My favorite is the TastyKlair, and has been since it was introduced in the 60's. Out of the area there aren't enough TastyKakes to choose from.

And Moon Pies never took off up north.

PS I gotta go out and buy scrapple now!