flickr

www.flickr.com

19 February, 2008

I-4 Flop Sweats...

...and two other short stories

I am sparing my viewing public a photo of the t-shirt I just took off. After driving Scott up to the Saturn dealer via I-4 and 528 and then right back again, the shirt has pit stains about 6" in diameter. No lie. It's gross. And that's with Secret Clinical Strength AND a spray of Arrid aerosol. That combination gets me through the average 12-hour day, but not less than 2 hours of driving at highway speeds.

Amazing that I plan on driving my fair share of the 1,000+ miles from here to NJ this summer. Scott will be doing most of the driving around big cities... that's for sure!





Brokeback Barrel



I know it's a little hard to tell what this picture is. It's a page out of a calendar on the wall at the Cracker Barrel on route 27 near I-4. Scott and I were seated under this print one day and nearly shot Coke out our nostrils making fun of it. The painting shows two men (fully clothed), one laying on his stomach, and the other one straddling his hips.

I can't completely remember, but I think the caption talks about this being the best way to dislodge something from a choking victim... via the rectum (ok, I might have added that last part!).

Anyway, during our odyssey last week, we found ourselves once again in the same restaurant and we actually saw the print. I waited until the family seated at "our" table left, and then snapped this pic with my camera phone. I'm pretty sure I got nasty looks from the old people in at 11 am for lunch, but that's their problem, not mine!

Ben & Jerry: Politics With a Swirl of Caramel

It seems Ben & Jerry have endorsed Barack Obama. While I was saddened that the article didn't mention a flavor called Obama-Rama, I did enjoy the story:

The founders of Ben & Jerry's endorsed Barack Obama on Monday, and lent his Vermont campaign two "ObamaMobiles" that will tour the state and give away scoops of "Cherries for Change" ice cream...

Echoing Obama, Greenfield said he and Cohen succeeded when they opened their ice cream shop 30 years ago in Burlington by doing things differently, instead of copying the "tired ways" of doing business.

"What we saw is that when you want real change it's not a marketing slogan. You have to do things differently. And that is not going to be done by someone who's been involved in the system for years and years," Greenfield said. "It needs to come from inside and Barack Obama has it."

I haven't been able to find out the exact content of "Cherries for Change," but if it shows up in the Publix freezer section, I will buy that instead of Americone Dream until November!

2 comments:

Janette said...

1. Scott? Doing most of the driving around the big cities? Hmm, too late to book a cruise?

Don't get me wrong, he's a great driver. (Of course you are, Pooh!) But I think he's about as nervous a driver as you sound to be.

2. HA! Next time I'm at that Cracker Barrel I'm asking for the Brokeback table.

3. Mm, I love cherry ice cream! I wonder if they'll sell it around here?

Glad that they didn't endorse Hillary. I hate to think of what that flavor would be.

Anonymous said...

OK! The title for all 3 stories combined: Sweating to Brokeback Obama. :D

Or, stay with me on THIS one:
flop drop and soul. :D

You should hire me! I'm available, you know!