flickr

www.flickr.com

27 February, 2009

Five Dollar Lullaby

Seen at the AMC PI 24 today: a mom hunched over her stroller, cooing a song and dancing for the infant inside. Cute, right? (I mean, except the part about the mom bringing her INFANT into the movie theater, but I digress...) It took Scott and me a few seconds to catch on to what she was singing:


"Five... (complete with 5-fingers shown to the baby)
Five dollar...
Five dollar foot long"


Really? THAT'S the song you're singing to your impressionable youth? Sure, Rock a Bye Baby is a little traumatic, what with part about the baby falling out of the tree, but at least it's not advertising sub-par sandwiches!


We went to the movies after our delicious lunch at Fulton's Crab House. Neither of us had ever been (it's generally more expensive than we're willing to pay for seafood), and they're having a 35% off lunch promotion that ends this weekend, so we decided to give it a try. The dinner menu is still out of our usual price range, but lunch wasn't too steep, and the food was pretty good. I had possibly the best clam chowder I've ever had, along with a shrimp po' boy. Scott had the crab & lobster bisque to start (meh - it tasted like spicy tomato soup with chunks of crab and lobster) and had the chilled platter of crab, shrimp and scallops. I would go back for the chowder alone.


The restaurant is the paddle boat at the DTD Marketplace, which was originally called the Empress Lilly (I ate there as a very small kid when it was a character breakfast). We were seated on the second level at a table overlooking the water and Saratoga Springs. It was lovely. Plus, they have some great art on the walls...


Scott was a great sport about posing in front of this "fresh crab," right up until he mentioned that there would be no picture of me because there wasn't a sign on the wall that said "angry bitch."
I laughed all the way out the building.
Well, I'd love to stick around, but I made stuffed shells for dinner and they just came out of the oven. This is the first time I've made them, and I can't wait to dig in!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh .... I've got $5 footlongs for my family!

Minima said...

The "fresh crab"/"angry bitch" thing ~ LMAO! I'm totally stealing that line some time.

I LURVLURVLURV Fulton's! Their clam chowder is the best I've ever tasted. Faye and I always went to graze our way through the different kinds of raw oysters. Who knew that there is such a variety of flavors depending upon where they're harvested? It is a rather expensive lunch though! (And now that I look, I don't see that on the menu. Hmmmm...a victim of the recession, perhaps?)

The Five dollar Footlong Lullaby is disturbing but not as disturbing as it could have been: The One with Ross's Inappropriate Song

Jamie the ParkHopper said...

Mom - nice Sesame Street reference. That might be one of the only songs I can still sing from start to finish from that album.

Minima - I'm about to be late for work, but if that's the one with Baby Got Back, OMG - have you met my husband? If you haven't seen the Gilbert & Sullivan version of that song, you MUST find it on YouTube. He seriously sings it at least once a week!