flickr

www.flickr.com

10 October, 2007

Park Hopping!

Scalzi's Monday Photo Shoot: Show us a picture of you or family/friends on an amusement park or carnival ride. Roller coasters, tilt-a-wheels, Ferris wheels or even carousels work. Usually I like picture as fresh as possible, but in this case I think it would be a little much for me to expect that you would go out and pay admission to your local amusement park just to snap a picture. So pictures from your archive are more than welcome.

I thought I was going to have to sort through DOZENS of pictures for this one. As it turns out, of my zillions of Disney photos, only a handful were actually taken on rides, and most of those aren't worth taking the trouble to scan and edit. So here's just a few:
This is my nostalgia picture. It was taken a whopping 10 years ago (January 5, 1997 according to the back of the photo) on the Skyway ride at the Magic Kingdom. I just love the fact that not only was this picture taken on a ride that no longer exists - the old lagoon where 20K was is behind me. They filled that in a few years ago and now there's a Pooh-theme playground on that hallowed ground. Also - and I admit that this might only be interesting to me - does anyone else think that ring on my middle finger looks an awful lot like my engagement ring? This one actually had a Mickey-shaped "diamond" in the middle, but I did a double-take when I found this picture.


Taking pictures on Cinderella's Golden Carousel is a dorky ParkHopper family tradition. Scott is generally pretty good sport about it.

No, your eyes don't deceive you. This isn't a Disney ride. This is from Hershey Park. I don't know the name of this ride, but it's some sort of torture contraption. It's a combination of Ferris wheel and teacup ride. And my Aunt Becky (and Scott) decided to spin us really really fast. There's something very wrong about spinning AND going up and down at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a picture of you that looks just like the one of Mr. Hopper. It's hanging up in my living room! You're two, wearing pink and blue gingham, and hanging on for dear life!

Now! Off to type out round one of my vocablurry word!