flickr

www.flickr.com

07 January, 2011

PotD: (non) Identical Cousins

Behold! This is the scene in my garage right this very second.  Scott and I went out this afternoon to test drive a car I was pretty sure I was going to buy.  AND I BOUGHT IT! The new car doesn't yet have a name, but I can assure you it's not going to be anything suggested thus far on Facebook.

And so, I'd like to introduce you to my car.  She's practically new - 2 years old with only 10,000 miles. Upgrades from my current car include power windows and doors, cruise control (which, at some point, I'll have to learn to use), side airbags and functioning knobs and buttons.  Oh, and integrated satellite radio (3 months free). 

And the color?  In 2011, Hyundai calls it 'dark sapphire blue.'  It probably had a different name two years ago, but I think that's an apt description.

The only upgrade Frances has that this car doesn't is tinted windows.  And frankly, I was shocked at the clarity of the world through these windows on the drive home.  We'll see if I end up tinting them. At least then people were less likely to see me rocking out to Phantom at traffic lights...

So that's all for now.  I'm sure you'll see more over the next few days.

No comments: