flickr

www.flickr.com

01 January, 2012

Looking Ahead

I'm not making resolutions.  They just don't work for me.  But here are some things I expect from myself this year:

* Fiscal responsibility! It's hard, but necessary.  I plan to limit spending on my credit card and to use any extra cash I get my hands on to pay down that balance.

* Straight A's!  That's my goal and I'm sticking to it.  I'm only taking two classes at a time, and there are no excuses for not doing my best.  If I'm not going to take this seriously, then why bother doing it at all?

* Move my A$$! I'm not making some huge ridiculous goal of running a marathon.  I'm starting small.  I just bought myself a balance cushion for work.  I know this isn't going to get me thin, but it should at least strengthen my core muscles (and save trips to the chiropractor).  I'm also planning on doing a "walking league" at work with some friends.  It's six weeks in February and March.  I can commit to anything for six weeks...right?  (that's why I roped in friends...if I can't motivate myself, maybe I can be peer pressured)

I just realized that I have a mantra for the year: $$AAA$$ (money, A's, ass). Mantra? Slogan? Symbol? Whatever it is, it's a palindrome and I like it!

Happy 2012, everyone!  Let's make it a great one! 

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love your mantra. I think I need to think some more about what my mantra will be. Or, maybe I'll come up with a cool acronym or something.