flickr

www.flickr.com

28 December, 2005

Blowing out the Candlelight

This evening was my final Candlelight Processional of the year. I picked up my certificate and pin when I handed in my music, and was pretty happy to be throwing my robe in the bin for the last time after the show. Don't get me wrong - I've had the greatest time - but after being crammed in with 70 of your closest friends, under stage lights, trying to keep your knees from locking and your voice from cracking on the high notes, you need 10 months off!!

We spent the afternoon in Epcot with Mom and Pastor Bob and Janet. Janet's birthday was on Monday, so when I made the reservations for lunch (at Coral Reef...again) I put "celebrating Janet's birthday" in the comments. Imagine all of our surprise when she was presented a personalized menu at the beginning of the meal! I think maybe we'll go there for my birthday next year! They also put a candle in her dessert, which had a chocolate scroll screen-printed with Happy Birthday. And there was no obnoxious singing...which is also a definite "plus."

Unfortunately, it's the week between Christmas and New Year's, and the park was packed. Don't believe me? There was a 45 minute wait for Journey into Imagination. That's usually a walk-on. We didn't even bother trying for Soarin' because the tip board had it posted as a 130 minute wait. Ugh! So we ended up not doing any rides at all. That sucked a little, but we had a fun time regardless.

Scott and I were talking tonight about going to see Fantasmic some time next month once the people have all gone home. We're also contemplating Sea World passes for next year. I guess we'll see how that goes. What I really want...more than anything else...is a nice long cruise. I want to eat all night and lounge all day, and I want to be completely stress-free for 4 days or more. Is that so much to ask?

2 comments:

Janette said...

I'm really sorry that I missed getting to see you in Candlelight. I guess it's something to look forward to next year.

Jamie the ParkHopper said...

I hope I can fit it into my schedule next year!