flickr

www.flickr.com

30 December, 2005

the E.A.G.

My cousin Jenn once remarked that our family has an "easily amused gene." And it is so true. We can laugh for hours about the dumbest stuff. I think my E.A.G. is more exaggerated than some other family members' - after all, I have perfected the art of sitting and staring into outer space and just letting my mind wander. My mind, I guess, amuses itself. Oh yeah - and Scott will probably have "ooh...shiny" engraved on my tombstone...because shiny things fascinate me!

Anyway, another facet of my E.A.G. is being irrationally proud of really stupid things. For instance, when I get all caught up at work and have a minute to sit and stare at the screen and I realize that things are running smoothly because I haven't screwed them up, I'm proud. When I finish my shower and there's still hot water left, I'm proud. And tonight, I did something I'm so proud of I felt compelled to blog about it:

I set 5 stations on my car radio all by myself!
This is obviously not a huge accomplishment...for a normal person. Ever since I got my car back, I have had to know how many times to click the tuner to go from station to station (5 clicks from 104.1 to 105.1, then 8 clicks from 105.1 to 106.7, then 5 more from 106.7 to 107.7), and I stopped listening to 101.5 completely because it was too far away to click to unless I was at a red light. So this weekend I mentioned to Scott that I needed him to reset my radio buttons, and he told me all I needed to do was hold in the number while the radio was on that station. Wow...is that all? What a fool I've been! So now I have all five of my favorite radio stations set. Of course, the radio holds something ridiculous like 12 presets, but I don't think there are even 12 stations in the Orlando/Tampa market that aren't Spanish, Contemporary Christian, or Country! So here's my short list:
  1. Real Radio 104.1 (the greatest talk station ever)
  2. Mix 105.1 (as the name suggests, a little bit of everything)
  3. 101.5 - The Point (all 80's music, out of Tampa)
  4. XL 106.7 (Orlando's Top 40 teeny-bopper crap station that accidentally plays a good song every now and then)
  5. Magic 107.7 (easy listening, which also accidentally plays a good song on occasion. Magic also plays nothing but Holiday music from Thanksgiving to Christmas)

Now if only I could learn to set the clock...

No comments: