flickr

www.flickr.com

25 December, 2007

Full Circle

other appropriate titles for this post include:

  • A December 25 Post that has Nothing to Do with Christmas
  • Why Scott and Jamie Should Be Banned from IKEA
  • Matching Your Shower Curtain to Your Listerine is COOL
You know with all of those titles, I think I covered most of the story. But here goes anyway...

During our anniversary weekend, I finally let Scott peer pressure me into checking out the new IKEA store in Orlando. We went and test-drove couches and chairs, checked out book shelves, and ended up buying way more than we had any business buying. We bought two little white shelves ($5 each... plus the cost of screws... plus then we had to get a drill at Wal Mart), two bread & butter plates to replace ones that we have broken (though I opted for pink this time. life's too short to have matching dishes!), a pack of different colored chopsticks, and we bought this curtain set in orange.


Why curtains? Well, they actually had them on display in the showroom as a shower curtain. They have a bit of an iridescent quality, and our Nemo curtain has seen better days. We were going to get blue, but then the orange was calling out to me. So we figured the orange would match the Nemo bathroom accessories and my current pouf. Why not?


And then the curtains sat in the bedroom for 3 weeks. They had to be "hemmed" with an iron and magic tape (which they provided - I'm not MacGuyvering this!), and we also had to buy a second shower curtain rod because they have tabs on the back that wouldn't have worked with the plastic rings. Yes, now we have two curtain rods on the shower. So?
I finally got around to hanging them tonight, and I'm pretty happy with the result. It's bright. Like morning threw up in there.

It also gives me major flashbacks to the room I grew up in. Apparently orange is my signature color. Who knew? So here's the picture - taken in the mirror because that seemed to be the way to get the most bathroom in there at once. We need to get a less-clear curtain liner, but that's an easy fix. And for now, it'll do. I'm just going to have to shower with my sunglasses on!

2 comments:

Janette said...

Beautiful! Orange is my favorite color followed closely by Real Yellow. (Real Yellow - yellow that is proud to be yellow, not some half-hearted yellow, it would never allow itself to be called "pastel".)

"It's bright. Like morning threw up in there." Great writing, I may have to steal that line!

Anonymous said...

life's too short to have matching dishes!

AMEN, sista!

I'll never forget that orange ParkHopper wall sculpture! It would look lovely in your present bathroom! You look good with an orange background! It goes so well with your hair and skin!