flickr

www.flickr.com

03 April, 2012

Breakfast for Dinner

I wish I had a picture...I think you'd be impressed.  Somehow Scott and I both landed on the idea that we wanted fried egg sandwiches for dinner tonight...but with a twist: eggs over-easy.

For Scott: sandwiches with egg, cheese, bacon, tomato, and mayo on wheat burger buns; plus a green salad with blue cheese dressing and 1/2 piece of leftover bacon crumbled in.  (because, frankly, if you're eating your salads without bacon and blue cheese you're doing it wrong! or you're just eating a normal pedestrian salad)

For me: egg, cheese, bacon, and tomato on wheat cooked like a grilled cheese.  Oops...squished the sandwich and some yolk ran out and cooked on the outside.  DON'T PRESS ON THE SANDWICH AFTER FLIPPING IT, STUPID!  My salad was the same as Scott's...with the addition of another over-easy egg smashed into it.

People, you need to run out right now and make this for yourselves!  Poached egg would be good, if you're capable of poaching.  Use less dressing than you would otherwise, because the egg makes everything richer and creamier and WHY DO MORE PLACES NOT SERVE SALAD LIKE THIS?  I mean, if you're going to put hard-boiled, fart-smelling egg on a salad, this is the same calories only awesome!

So...is it obvious from my stream of consciousness that my brain is fried?  Maybe poached...I don't know!  I'm still plugging along with school.  It's the last month of the semester, so I'm keeping my eyes on the prize.  My psychology grade is over 96%, which still makes me laugh when I think about it, and my labor grade is currently 92.66% (an A-without-the-minus is 93.1%, so that's my goal).  I've blown a few essays for this class, so I'm not completely confident that I won't do something colossally stupid between now and the end of the month, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Also?  Started working out for real this week.  In the morning before work.  This morning we got out the door a little late, but I was able to do just under 40 minutes on the treadmill (including warm up/cool down) and walked a little over 2 miles.  Add that to the leg weight workout I did on Monday, and I'm now having difficulty straightening my legs completely!  It's ok though - it's not pain so much as annoyance.  Tomorrow I'm learning the upper body circuit, which totally kicked Scott's ass the first time, so I'm hesitant.  Then cardio/treadmill on Thursday, and Friday I'll either wake up at the same time and do homework or sleep in for an hour.

I changed my work schedule, and now don't start until 9.  This means Scott and I get each other out the door to work out before work.  Two days in, and our only problem seems to be underestimating the time it takes to get over there.  Tomorrow my appointment with the trainer is at 6:40...and my alarm is set for 5.  If you'll excuse me, I'm going to get a quick hot soak in before bed.

No comments: