flickr

www.flickr.com

09 March, 2009

Bowling

Saturday night was the end of Jamie's-Birthday-Week-o-Fun. I invited a whole bunch of people out bowling, and five of us actually went. Besides me and Scott, Matthew (who I swear has gotten taller since the last time I saw him) and Katie and Abrah (my Encore girls) made the trip out to Winter Garden for some bowling fun.

Yeah, we're dorks. But we wear it well!
Anyway, about the time we started our second game, a group of four teenage boys showed up and seemed to be debating how long they wanted to stay. I groaned a sigh of old age when I heard one say "yeah, but we can't drive after 11." Well the boys were soon joined by more boys, and then a bunch of girls. There were probably 20 of them over two lanes, yelling and shoving each other, using our balls (umm...isn't there some sort of etiquette about that?), and acting like annoying little shits.
And then I realized: we've become the old people who get annoyed by teenagers doing teenage things. It's official. I'm in my 30's. I'm thinking about making a tombstone for my youth: "Here lies Jamie's first 30 years. She's sorry for all the annoying things she did in public."
Pass the Geritol, please!

1 comment:

Minima said...

"[W]e've become the old people who get annoyed by teenagers doing teenage things."

nodnodnod

I remember when I had that thought for the first time. I was about 35 and walking through a theater parking lot just as annoyed as could be with the teenagers being loud and rambunctious and playing their music TOO LOUD and having FUN. How dare they make so much noise IN PUBLIC...outdoors even.

I was so *irritated* and then I realized I was turning into a character from Footloose. And not one of the cool ones who at the end of the movie gets to dance funny at the prom.