flickr

www.flickr.com

11 March, 2009

"Good Job" (I'll just tell myself)

I spent my down-time yesterday writing up a training manual for one of the new computer systems we have coming online at work. When I was done, I sent an e-mail to the other reservations people and to the managers:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As of this morning, we have the ability to [do technical stuff in new program]! To commemorate this occasion, I have created a six-page guide to the system. Topics covered include a system overview...


The Boss replied some time last night after I left:

Jamie

Would you please coordinate with [the secretary] the reservation that we have from [guy who didn't hire me]. Let me know when all is done

Thanks



Scott says maybe the "thanks" at the end was all-encompassing. I sincerely doubt it. The reservation in question is for at least 3 months from now. And since our booking window is 90 days and as far as the rest of the world is concerned we can't book anything further out than that, I can't understand why he's got his panties in a twist. Oh that's right - he's giving me extra work in order to justify his job when the lay-offs come down the road. I might as well take the next 2 weeks off. He's just going to get even more difficult to work with.

This has been a test of the emergency Jamie-Needs-to-Vent system. It has also been yet another example of Why Jamie Should Not Check Her Work E-Mail From Home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SHOULD he be worried about being laid off? Do the powers that be think he's dispensible?

Is he paranoid or realistic?

YOUR job is safe though ... right?

Congrats on making the new system user friendly!