flickr

www.flickr.com

09 March, 2008

Lifetime Movie Cliches

I'm not lying when I say that Lifetime (TV for Women) is not one of my guilty pleasures. In fact, I generally flip right past that channel when I'm surfing.

Sadly, there's not a whole lot to watch on Sunday afternoons. So today I watched two Lifetime movies. Since I did, I thought it would be fun to list a whole bunch of Lifetime Movie Cliches and let you pick which you think were woven into the two tales I watched today:

A. Teen pregnancy
B. Teenager murders her parent
C. Husband murders his wife
D. Cancer struggle
E. Adoption/infertility
F. Adultery
G. Teen daughter seduces her stepfather
H. Anorexia/bulimia
I. Suicide
J. Christmas miracle
K. Mother & daughter fight with each other
L. Blackmail
M. Mother & daughter come together in the end

Made your selections?

OK, give yourself a point for each of the following: A B C E F G I K L M. That's right - 10 cliches rolled up into a mere 4 hours of television!

The first movie, which absolutely left me in need of a shower, was Mini's First Time. I missed the actual (G) and (F) in the first half hour, but was there when the mother tried to (I), and the (B) and (C) happened, followed by (L). This movie had an impressive cast - Carrie Anne Moss, Alec Baldwin, Luke Wilson, Jeff Goldblum... I imagine Lifetime must be paying well!

The second movie was Mom at Sixteen. This one was definitely more of an after-school special. As you can imagine, (A) (E) (K) and (M) fit neatly into a two hour package: Teen mom lets her mom raise the baby as her own, but decides she wants to raise him herself. Then she decides to give the baby up for adoption to her barren high school teacher and her husband the swim team coach.

Everyone now: riiiiight!

So how'd you do in my little quiz? I sure had fun with it... possibly even more fun than watching these movies!

3 comments:

Janette said...

I figured that it was the wrong time of the year for a Christmas miracle! Yeah, that kind of programming plus things like Real Housewives, Tila Tequila and Millionaire Matchmaker explain why our TV spends most of its time on the History Channel, Discovery, Travel channel with the occasional Food Network.

For sick bed viewing nothing beats Top Chef/Project Runway day long marathons.

When Golf Guy isn't around to make fun of me my guilty pleasure is What Not to Wear.

Jamie the ParkHopper said...

I thought for sure there would've been a Top Chef marathon yesterday, since the new season starts Weds. But no luck. Trust me when I say there was *nothing* on the TV worth watching.

...and What Not to Wear? Love it!

Anonymous said...

Hope this doesn't cause (K) ...

When I was in the hospital, I had trouble following the plot lines in commercials!

This is why I gave up TV in 1996 ... and whenever I get to see it, I realize it was a good decision.

But I gotta say, I could watch a MONK marathon, or a Design on a Dime marathon ANYTIME!

There! Now we can (M)