flickr

www.flickr.com

22 August, 2008

When Life Gives You Lemons...

...post more gratuitous cat pictures on your blog!

(what? That's not what you do?)


Well now that I know that what I'm suffering from is called "FAY-tigue," I feel as though I'm better-equipped to deal with myself. Actually, that's not true at all. I had a crappy day: didn't want to get out of bed, didn't want to go to work, didn't have anything to do once I got to work (and ended up going through binders and coming up with an 8" stack of things to shred), then had unpleasant dealings with The Boss and Girl Chef (am grappling with a way to say "get your s--t together and anticipate things before they become catastrophes" that isn't insubordinate), had cabin fever in my office, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera (in my best "King and I" voice).



But now I'm home and am surrounded by my three favorite furballs. Yep... all is right with the world. (of course, the Orange Fanta/vanilla ice cream float may have helped a little too)


Milo's goopy eye, recorded for posterity. I take it as a good sign that today's eye boogie seems to actually be remnants of yesterday's - nothing really close to the eye.

Elphie attacking blanket fringe. Milo was there a few seconds before, and they were both up on their hind legs sparring like a couple of meerkats, but I wasn't fast enough with the camera. Darn!


I realized tonight that Kilo's coat is a lot shinier than it has been in a long time. His dandruff seems to be going away, too. I think as much as each of us (except Milo) likes to claim Elphie as "mine," Kilo has gotten the most out of her presence here. (and don't make fun of my 5-year-old pajama bottoms! they're comfy!) Maybe all that playing will cause him to lose some weight.

The creepy faceless kitten! Seriously - there's the eyes, but where's the rest?? I guess I'll have to work harder on my Elphie action shots. In this picture, she's attacking the mouse-tail-on-a-string (a story for a whole 'nother post) that you see in the very top of the picture. It's one of her favorite playthings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ODE TO FAY

still raining
depression waning
bosses complaining
office maintaining

rivers ore' flowing
dandruff's going
eye goop slowing
kitten growing
poetry blowing
i'll be going
now