flickr

www.flickr.com

06 February, 2009

Trapped in an Ice Cube

8:30 class this morning.

I left the house at 7:30, and was met with this:

Sunrise as seen from inside an ice cube.

That's a solid sheet of ice on my windshield. And since I live IN FLORIDA, I don't own an ice scraper. So I sat in the car drinking coffee and shivering and blasting the defroster. I might have had to sit less than 10 minutes, had I not also been out of windshield washer fluid.

All's well that ends well. I made it to class in plenty of time. And I don't have frostbite.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! A bunch of people where I work poured hot water on their windshields ... and were surprised to see that THAT froze too! Gotta love Florida! We all know which cleaning products kill palmetto bugs (Formula 409 and Fantastik) but are incapacitated by a little frost! Hope the strawberries did better than the roses!

Minima said...

Brrr! I think a good portion of my plants died despite being covered. Baxter preened around in his new sweater (with a skull and crossbones on it - very butch). Glad to hear that you avoided frostbite!

Amy said...

If this ever happens in the future, you can scrape the ice with a credit card. (or your work ID card)

Anonymous said...

YOU call that ICE!?? Come up here and you will see Ice... LOL
For an Ice scraper a WDW ID comes in handy