flickr

www.flickr.com

24 February, 2009

Raisins

There is an epidemic of raisin hating at The Restaurant.

I made oatmeal cookies over my days off, and made the first dozen without raisins. They were for one manager and "Harp Girl," who both don't like raisins. I'm not going to see Harp Girl again until Saturday, so I brought in 9 of the plain cookies for the manager, and put the other 3 in a mixed bag to share with everyone else.

It turns out that Girl Chef and another of the reservation girls also don't like raisins. That's FOUR people in a fairly small population.

Does anyone else think that's strange?

Oh - the rest of the cookies were a combination of traditional oatmeal raisin and a batch with orange zest and dried cranberries. They're all delicious. It's weird - I've always liked oatmeal cookies, but I don't think they're the kind of cookie that we ever made at home. We made tollhouse batter and put raisins in it. As you may have noticed, I'm on this cranberry-orange kick. It's possible the next cookies I make are going to be tollhouse batter with those two add-ons. Yum!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Papa Bear wasn't much for oatmeal cookies. But I thought we still had them ... hmmm.

OMG! I can't BELIEVE you're on a zest kick! So am I! I made candied grapefruit peel last week, and yesterday, I chopped them up and put them into my cookies! That's weird.

BTW, I made grapefruit marmalade too. Want me to bring some when I see you next week?

Minima said...

People are weird about raisins, I think it's their looks they dislike more than their taste. If you don't tell them they're in there they generally love raisin laden products.

Did you know raisins are a major component of A-1 Steak sauce?