flickr

www.flickr.com

09 February, 2009

5 of Diamonds

I started a rap group.

OK, I started an imaginary rap group. At work. With a random assortment of people who absolutely DON'T belong in a rap group. So far we have a name (see above - which is a clever pun on a certain rating and will make advertising easier because we'll have a calling card, just like The Joker). Next up, PhotoShopping a funny album cover. I haven't gotten that far, and probably never will. That's the kind of thing you really can't do at work, and I don't have enough time at home to do it. Plus, I don't have PhotoShop, just Paint and some other cheap photo editing software. Anyway, back to the members:

J-Mo
That's me. I haven't really flushed out my character as much as some of the others. I know that I'll need long hair in a tight ponytail and giant hoop earrings.

C-Diddy
The skinny kid from the kitchen. He's going to have a big gold chain with a knife or whisk hanging from it. Much like some rappers do songs about shooting or being shot (am I showing my ignorance of the genre? oh well!), he'll be rapping about cutting. It will sound bad-ass, but if you really listen to the lyrics, they're about butterflying shrimp (think about it: "I'll cut out your insides") or dicing vegetables.

C-Money
(look, it wasn't my idea to have two guys named Chris. that's just how it happened) He has already decided that his look is going to involve a chain with a giant Mercedes symbol hanging from it. I also want to put him in pin-stripes. He'll be like the Posh Spice of our group.

The Iz
The man is 7 feet tall, so I have made him the one who stands in the back and spins the records. He's going to need a sweat band or something. Perhaps a bandanna tied around his head? I also see him in sunglasses all the time.

E-Sharp you can call her F for short
Her name starts with E, and she plays the harp. So she got a musical stage name that makes me laugh every time I think about it. She was the last one added to the group, and I spent all my creative energy on her name. Right now her persona is blank to me.

C'mon... admit it... you want to see an album cover... Actually, no lie, three of the people in my imaginary group know about it and really do want to see an album cover. Somehow this little imagination exercise is getting me through the boring moments of my job. Every life needs a little silliness.

And speaking of silly, here's a poem that C-Money and I collaborated on yesterday:

There once was a man from Nantucket...
He had
small scallops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At my place of employment we have created a sit-com called Ask David. Everyone is being played by a famous person ... my part is being played by Sally Struthers! The boss we all hate is being played by Angelica from Rugrats ... you get the idea. I feel that NOW, having read this blog, I need to work on a theme song.