flickr

www.flickr.com

06 April, 2009

My Life On Stage?

I read a theater review tonight that spoke to me. Why? Because the play is about my life! I encourage you to click through and read the whole thing, but here's some key tidbits:

Fully Committed is for that guy — in this case, an underemployed New York actor named Sam, who works booking tables for the kind of restaurant where Gourmet magazine has been waiting all morning to take pictures and the Zagats have just dropped in for lunch...

In Becky Mode’s 1999 comedy, Sam is hidden away in a basement office-hovel, where he scurries between calls from Bunny Vandevere, a socialite who just flew
in from Tibet; from Bryce, Naomi Campbell’s assistant, who needs a table for 15
with an all-vegan tasting menu; and from the peevish tyrant known only as Chef.

Nothing is going well. Sam can’t seem to get a callback. A co-worker is mysteriously absent. And Chef won’t let him off for Christmas.


Yep, that sounds eerily familiar. I'm going to do my best to get out to see it. If employee fun hadn't already been cut from the budget at the beginning of the fiscal year, I would be begging my bosses to take us as team building. I'm sure Scott is thrilled at the prospect of being dragged along to another show... but at least this one promises to be funnier than Our Town!

2 comments:

Minima said...

You HAVE to see it - it's about you (almost) and all the reviews are great!

mamajoy said...

Any chance it was based on a novel by Waiter Rant?