flickr

www.flickr.com

05 April, 2009

Yard Sale

There's a yard sale on April 18, and since I don't work until the afternoon that day (and since Scott should be scheduled off as well), I think I'm going to take the opportunity to clean house and get rid of all sorts of stuff that I'd rather not box up and move in a few months.

For now, I'm trying to figure out how to price things. I thought that all of you readers (ha) might have some input. Here's a basic list of categories:

  • Paperback books
  • Hard cover books
  • Random Theme Park plushes
  • VHS tapes
  • Disney pins
  • Ice cream maker (that we got from Reyna but never used)
  • Knick knacks
  • Christmas tree stand

Frankly, I'd be thrilled to get 50 cents each (3/$1) for the paperbacks and the VHS. The pins that I have are mostly limited edition, cast exclusives, or 5-10 years old, and for that reason I don't think I'd take less than $1 for any of them. Plus, they take up almost no space so there's no reason to sell them for way too under value (90% off is cheap enough!!).

2 comments:

mamajoy said...

i think you're realistic on your stuff ... be reasonable w/the plushes, and ask $5 for the pins,bcuz like u said, they don't take up space. if all your prices are fair, it'll make the pins look even better. they'd prolly fetch a much better price on ebay, away from the local saturation. btw, i have a friend who sells on ebay who'd prolly handle your pins... just so u know.

Minima said...

Check out prices of the pins on Ebay. You may be surprised at how much some of them go for. Prices on the books sound good. I don't know about the rest because I don't make it to garage sales very often (too early!)I just paid $20 for a juicer on Ebay for 1/2 what I could have bought it for in the store so maybe that gives you a ballpark for the ice cream maker. Good luck!