flickr

www.flickr.com

10 November, 2009

Amish Friendship Bread

I have two loaves of bread in the oven right now (and now that I've mentioned it here, the message has been spread across my whole Internet footprint!). The Amish Friendship Bread has a weird ingredient when you get to Day 10 and are mixing & baking: 1 box of vanilla instant pudding.

It's sweet, it smells good, and I like vanilla pudding, so I'm not questioning it. I'm curious though if it has to be vanilla. I have another batch that will be ready in 10 days, and am thinking about using the new seasonal pumpkin pudding and adding a little extra clove and whatever else those pumpkin pie spices are to give it seasonal flavor. Maybe raisins or chocolate chips?

I doubt I'll be able to hear the oven timer from up in the office, so we'll leave it at that for now. Anyone have input on changing the flavor up?

2 comments:

KT said...

Jamie --

Send me an email and I'll send you my mother's fabulous Amish Friendship Bread spreadsheet (originally created sometime in the early 90s, so it's actually just a jpeg scan) with instructions to use all sorts of other things besides pudding. Although pistachio and chocolate puddings are particularly good. There are also instructions on how to use all the starter instead of giving some away every time...

KT said...

Blast, it would help if I left MY email, wouldn't it?

ktpr0ct0r (at) gmail.com (replace the zeros with o's)