flickr

www.flickr.com

16 November, 2009

Baking Without a Net

Either our printed-out recipes haven't moved from the apartment yet, or they are in a box still. Whatever the case, I just made a loaf of banana bread sans recipe. Not only that, but we're out of granulated sugar (ok, almost out), so I substituted brown sugar. And just for fun, I eyeballed the vanilla.

I know I've posted the recipe on this very blog before, and how long could it take to go through posts labeled, "cooking?" But I thought it would be fun to test myself. And so, the bread that I made contained the following:

* 1 stick butter
* 1 egg
* 3/4 cup brown sugar (not packed at all)
* 1 cup self-rising flour
* a dash of vanilla
* 3 bananas

The batter tasted the same, so I'm hopeful it comes out ok. The timer has about 20 minutes left. If I don't have anything more interesting to talk about tomorrow, perhaps I'll revisit this fascinating topic.

No comments: