flickr

www.flickr.com

05 January, 2008

Huh?

Look, I admit it, I don't read the real news.  I prefer stories about other people potty-training their kids.

But I bought a Sentinel today (after all, how often does your workplace appear on the front page above the fold?) and was reading an article about the Florida primaries.

It says that the Democratic Party took away our delegates.  They are punishing the state for moving its primaries to January.

Umm… so that means if I haul my ass out of the house to go vote, my vote OFFICIALLY has no purpose?  That's the most disheartening thing I've ever heard.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure I am), but doesn't that mean that the party has said to Florida "we don't care about you?" 

Someone please tell me why I should still bother at all...

No comments: