flickr

www.flickr.com

30 January, 2008

Work in Progress

I rearranged our dining room/office today. Check it out:



Nope, this isn't the "before" picture!

Right now it still looks like a bomb exploded. But the potential is infinitely greater than the way it was before. Yes, there is still a pile-o-crap in the corner. But that laundry basket in the corner is full of stuff that Scott needs to weed through. And I threw out 2 garbage bags of stuff already. One little decorative screen, and that corner could be its own little closet.

The two biggest changes:
  • I set up the old computer on the square table, but only until I can transfer the photo files on that computer onto a CD. Once the important files are off the computer, we'll have to decide whether or not to toss it out the window. That could potentially become the game computer.
  • The tall wood table with stools has been moved up next to the kitchen counter so that it's almost an extension of counter space. It also opens up the possibility of eating a dinner for two some place other than on the couch in front of the TV. Once the stuff on top of that table finds a home, I think that space is going to end up utilized very often.

I also had to move the garbage can, which used to sit right where that tall table is now. For now, it's sort of floating in the kitchen. There's also still a lot of paperwork and random odds and ends to sort through. This, however, is a great start. I'm proud of how I spent this afternoon.

No comments: