flickr

www.flickr.com

29 January, 2008

Primary Colors


I voted...twice! Just kidding - Scott voted too. And according to every major news outlet, his vote actually counted! (MSNBC referred to the Democratic primary as both a popularity contest and a beauty contest.)


Yep, still bitter. I'm just hoping the Florida Democrats are either too dumb to realize how badly we've been dissed or too passionate to care come November. To be honest, my vote is up for grabs. I don't see why I should be loyal to the party after this, and I don't loathe McCain or Romney the way I loathe the current administration. Could be a dangerous combination...


Today, my vote went to Obama. And I feel a little guilty for that. So far, I am 0 for 2 on my Presidential scorecard, voting for Edwards in the '04 primary and Kerry in the '04 general election. I almost voted for Edwards today, just to keep my losing streak alive, but I thought I should throw my vote to the contestant who I thought was the prettiest and the most popular. Also, I'm really pissed at Bill Clinton's low-blows recently.


As for the amendment, I voted NO. I'm quite sure it's going to pass, because it gives more money to old home owners who care more about the money in their pockets than about education or whatever else that tax money covers now. That's also another example of something that does not belong in a state constitution. Why not leave taxes up to the legislature?


So that's my story. Who did you vote for?

2 comments:

Janette said...

OMG! I voted no on the amendment, too, and that was one of my reasons. Who knew we could agree on something political?!

On the other hand I despise John McCain (enough for both of us) and could easily vote for Obama over him. *shh* Don't tell anybody I said that or I could get kicked out of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy.

Today my vote went for Romney, not because I really care for him, but because I thought he'd have the best chance of beating McCain.

Anonymous said...

Florida is silly by design...they empower the oldies because they still provide the a big chunk of real estate purchases and big chunk of retail spending as well...

So why wouldn't the laws be set up to cater them?

Florida is still mainly geared for the retirees and the travelers.....the fact that their are 100,000 apartments in the Orlando area alone says something about the job market and the financial climate for the "youngins'" in the big F-L