flickr

www.flickr.com

10 February, 2008

Assorted Nuts

Just some random thoughts:

Oh golly! Does Obama actually have a chance? All of a sudden, I find myself hoping against hope that the Florida and Michigan delegates don't count at the convention. GO-bama!

Happiness is: the first day of a new battery in my electric toothbrush!

I learned yesterday that I really love a good Reuben sandwich. Individually, corned beef, sauerkraut, 1000 island dressing, swiss cheese, and rye bread are items I generally avoid on a sandwich. But put them together and they become an irresistible tour de force of culinary delight!

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes are musical geniuses. My current favorite cover: Leavin' on a Jet Plane. Although I must say, my favorite version of that song is in Armageddon when Ben Affleck and the guys sing it to Liv Tyler. I always laugh and cry at that part of the movie.

4 comments:

Janette said...

As much as I'd like to see Obama beat Hillary, did you know that 0.000007% of the voting population has 19.6% voting power in the 2008 Democratic Primary? That's how those superdelegates change the landscape of the nomination within the Democratic party. Superdelegates aren't obligated to vote in any particular way or how the public would like them to. They can vote according to their conscience, back room deals, or pure bribery, I suppose.

The question here is, can the Clinton political machine squash the general population's enthusiasm for Obama before the convention? If not, will the superdelegates ignore the popular vote and go with Hillary despite the consequences?

Anonymous said...

shorin' a nice irish boy like barry o'bama would be a fine president!
I said it here first, folks!
First vocablurry, and now
Barry O'Bama

Jamie the ParkHopper said...

Janette, I'm guessing you saw the polls that came out that said "O'Bama" (thanks Mom) was polling higher than McCain... if I were a super delegate and my primary goal was to take back the white house for the "good guys," then I might be swayed by that...especially if other polls show the same closer to the convention.

...at least that's what I'm hoping!

Janette said...

It's my personal opinion that McCain will be unable to beat either Hillary or Obama (and I think your guys will take the House and Senate, too).

Frankly, if there's going to be a Democrat in the White House I'd rather it be Obama than Hillary. I've had enough of the Clinton/Bush merry-go-round. At this point I just wish they'd all go away.