flickr

www.flickr.com

14 May, 2008

What Do YOU Think?

Do you think the TSA is going to have something to say about my new luggage? I can't wait to find out!

I found us a flight to Atlanta that is just a hair more expensive than driving would have been, and then discovered that a) they charge for checked luggage, and b) all of my suitcases that used to be carry-on size are now larger than they allow. Shopping trip!!

I don't understand. Did the airplanes get smaller in the past 5 years?

Also, I'm torn - do I wear my sneakers so that there's more room in the bags, or wear my flip flops so I don't have to take my shoes off? Actually, I already know I'm wearing sneakers. Oh yeah - and that sunscreen that I just bought? More than 3 ounces. Crap!

But back to the suitcase: what seemed like a fun, whimsical idea in the aisle at Wal Mart now worries me. What if I get subjected to a BCS because some government lackey on a power trip decides I'm making some sort of veiled threat? What if the people at the hotel laugh at me? This bag might be better suited for a trip to Disney than a trip out of Orlando.

Oh well... at least if I do end up having the check the bag (ever) it'll be easy to spot on the baggage carousel!

1 comment:

Janette said...

I predict that you have no problems flying out of MCO (after all they see everything, right?)...but you get your BCS flying out of ATL.

Good for you finding a cheap flight! It sounds like the two of you are going to have a great time. Heck, I'd have a blast just staying at that cool hotel. The BCS will just be an added bonus!