flickr

www.flickr.com

02 June, 2008

800!

Happy 800th post to me!!

I am celebrating by changing my profile picture. In the words of Juno, "woah, dream big!"

And I also have a you're-not-going-to-believe-me-but-I'm-going-to-tell-you-anyway story for you.

I'm sure the vast majority of my readers (all 3 of you) are familiar with the main entrance to WDW property. There's a big arch with giant images of Mickey and friends on either side. It's the photo op from Hell. Why? Because it's over a road where the speed limit is 50 mph, there are always people who are late for work trying to go 70, and there are tourons who do one of two very stupid things. Either they:

* Slow down to around 30 while the wife snaps a picture that's sure to turn out blurry, or they
* Pull over on either side of the road or (my personal favorite) stop in the striped-off triangle merge point with traffic zooming on either side.

Dey peez mee off.

Today I saw a car pulled over on the right shoulder of World Drive, door wide open, man standing in front of the car facing the arch. I watched him bend over and grab what looked like a small white garbage bag.

Then I noticed he had multiple white garbage bags.

Then I realized those garbage bags were inflatable sheep!

I think there were 5-10 of them lined up. I'm not sure if the man had already taken the picture and was grabbing them to go back in the car, or whether he was just positioning them. Sadly, I was one of those people going the speed limit, and I lost sight of him after just a few seconds.

I just can't wrap my brain around it. I know what I saw, I just can't figure out why it was there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say that's an IOWA version of Flat Stanley. It's called a Flat Wooly. They have Wet Stanleys too, but that's another story altogether!

Janette said...

Well, I'm glad your mom cleared that up. I was all worried what some guy was doing with blow up sheep. I Googled it and the first result was a product with the slogan "I want ewe to want me! The hottest sheep on the web. Love Ewe is a hit at parties! It's a hilarious, life sized, high quality, anatomically correct, inflatable sheep with red garters, fishnet stockings, and lipstick. What more do you need?"

...hahahaha

No really, that's pretty disturbing.

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard I started to get dizzy!!!!! Where was this guy during my security days!? Oh, and the word you were looking for was apex...painted apex. Technically I think the apex of the painted apex is at the point. That's what I bring to this relationship.

-Cat