flickr

www.flickr.com

01 June, 2008

Summer Vacation

I received an e-mail last week informing me that I am no longer accruing vacation hours because I have too much time stored in my bank. My options were to continue not accruing hours, buy some out at an outrageous tax rate (basically get a double paycheck), or take some darn time off.

Guess which I chose!

Yep - time off. Encore! rehearsals are Mon/Weds/Thurs, so I put in to take vacation every Thursday for 7 straight weeks. That means I'll only be working 3 days and still be making full time pay. I spent this afternoon considering the merits of part-time employment during that time some place I could walk to like Quizno's or the library, but I think I talked myself out of it. If I worked for $7/hour, I'd probably end up owing even more in taxes next year, and basically blow the cash on stupid stuff anyway.

I figure this gives me an excellent opportunity to learn to cook, spend time with Scott (since he's still working that "temporary" shift that doesn't start until 5 pm and has been waking up early to spend time with me before work), and get some stuff done around the apartment. How nice it would be to not have a mountain of laundry to spend a whole day on every week!

I feel more relaxed already...

1 comment:

Janette said...

Did I ever say congratulations for making it into Encore! this year? If not, congratulations!

And congratulations on getting some unexpected time off.