flickr

www.flickr.com

14 June, 2008

Mail Call?

We got a letter in the mail earlier this week from the IRS. The envelope was the quintessential example of false advertising, proclaiming with bold logo, "STIMULUS PAYMENT."

The letter was simply a notice that our stimulus payment was scheduled to be issued on June 13. "If you don't receive your payment within 6 weeks of this notice..." contact us.

No check yesterday. And now I get to check my bank account 3 times a day "just in case" the payment drops in.

Here we go again!

On the bright side, I now know that we are scheduled to get the full $1,200. I guess that's a silver lining to my non-existent money cloud!

2 comments:

Janette said...

Really? I haven't even gotten a letter yet teasing me with the promise of money.

:: pout ::

I can't believe that I'm so anxious to get money that I disagree with on principle. At this point I expect that everyone will be spending their "stimulus" checks on food and gas. I paid $4.05 a gallon (yes, that's for regular) on Thursday!

Anonymous said...

What are you going to do with your money?