flickr

www.flickr.com

12 June, 2008

I Heart Ben Barnes

Who is Ben Barnes? None other than the title character in the second Chronicles of Narnia movie, Prince Caspian. And also, I loved the movie.

I was really concerned that they turned a 70-page story into a movie that lasted 2 1/2 hours. In the book, the story includes flashbacks all over the place. To their credit, the filmmakers created a much more linear story. They added a battle scene (the first major good vs. evil battle) that at first I was annoyed with, but I found that it really added a depth to the main characters that wasn't in the book. I found myself surprisingly emotionally invested in the story.

I'm looking forward to the DVD, and am keeping my fingers crossed for a commentary with the stars of the movie.

This is the second movie in a row that Scott and I have seen where we end up sitting in a row all by ourselves. It's really starting to give me a complex! A couple will come up, sit in our row, wait a minute, and then go find seats elsewhere. I think it's because we sit where there's a lot of leg room but you have to sit up straight in order to see the very bottom of the screen over the seats in front of you. But maybe it's our aroma? Or they just sense that I sometimes have trouble keeping Scott quiet for the duration of a movie! Whatever it is, we enjoy not having anyone too near us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We ususally end up in theaters where there are only a handful of other people in the whole place! We each get our own row!