flickr

www.flickr.com

23 December, 2008

Common Sense

I don't usually have it. But this morning, I got it right.

Scott left the house before 8 am for a very early doctor appointment (of the standard "come in or I won't refill your prescriptions" variety). And since I had a chiropractor appointment scheduled for 11 am, I decided the best thing I could do was wake up early and wrap presents. That way, I could do some damage and then go at my appointed hour and have him UN-do the damage.

The chiropractor was amused. He told me he gets at least one call every year that goes something like, "I'm sitting indian-style on the floor and I can't get up." I thought of that, and figured Scott would be able to fold me into his car and drive me if anything really bad happened. (that did happen to me one year - except I bent over and couldn't stand back up)

This year, I was fine after wrapping everything. Of course, then I came home and scooped a ton of stinky cat litter and now my back is a little stiff. But that's just old muscle aches. Nothing to worry about.

And in case you were wondering, I can now turn my head more than 90 degrees to the right and almost 90 on the left. And the sound of the popping in my neck when I get adjusted still makes me want to vomit!

And on an unrelated note, Scott and I met up after our appointments and went to Crispers for lunch. If you do the cup-o-soup and half sandwich combo, your sandwich options are somewhat limited. BUT you can get corned beef and swiss on rye and substitute thousand island dressing for mayo and it's just like a Reuben, but without the sauerkraut. It was delish! And their chicken & dumpling is a decent soup... even if they are cheap on the chicken.

1 comment:

Minima said...

Heh, I did that once. I was sitting Indian style on the floor making anatomy flash cards until about three in the morning. When I tried to get up - yikes - that sciatic nerve is a pain in the butt. Literally!

Luckily I knew a lot of really good massage therapists at the time. After a week of daily massages I fully recovered. Actually I think I recovered after just a few days but who in their right mind is going to turn down an excuse to get daily massages?

Glad to hear that your back is better!