flickr

www.flickr.com

02 December, 2008

Hey Tots...

Here's your toys!

Scott and I had a grand old time last night running around a certain undisclosed location buying toys at a special holiday rate, going to his office to take this picture, and then dropping the whole lot into the Toys for Tots box. The box now runneth over.
I picked out almost all of this stuff, as you may have guessed from looking at it. There's lots of stuff that's artsy - the Mickey version of magna-doodle, a Pirates art supply case, a Pirates activity set, and (my personal favorite) a wildlife origami set. Although I am by no means artistic, I always loved my crayons and markers. Every store we went into, I found something else along those lines.
There's also a puzzle, a baby toy, and some toys with moving parts. And a football.
What's above is half of our charitable donation for the season. We're also going to be donating to Second Harvest, but not until after vacation. Hopefully that's not too late to put the money to good use.

4 comments:

Data Byte said...

is this from the Salsa sale?? I want to go to the Salsa sale.... Wish I could get a damn day off already..

Jamie the ParkHopper said...

Nope, not from the salsa sale. That's the CM equivalent of Black Friday or the post-F&W wine sale, both of which I avoid like the plague. I dislike people on most occasions... that's just asking for trouble!

We just were taking advantage of that 50% off that expires next week.

Minima said...

Awesome toys for the Tots. I've helped in toy drives for them in the past and I can say with certainty those are likely to be the best toys in the box. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I hope you had as much fun collecting it as the kids will have playing with it! That's so nice of you!