flickr

www.flickr.com

06 June, 2006

I'm a "Winner"

I think I need to put a parental control on ebay so that I'll stop buying things! I won my aqua scarf last week, and last night I won my other two outstanding auctions - a white dress (could the search be over? I'll let you know once I get it) and a white pashmina.

My email in box is full of receipts, confirmations, shipping notifications... In short, it's a mess! And thus ends this chapter of Jamie's ebay obsession!

Speaking of e-mail (we were? yes! see paragraph 2 sentence 1), I'm seriously about ready to kick AOL out of my life. I opened up my e-mail this morning, and every time I open a message, there's a different banner ad across the bottom of the window. I pay WAY too much money every month for them to claim they need to bombard their own members this way. What's next? Ads at the bottom of all of my outgoing messages?

And thus ends today's anti-AOhelL rant.

2 comments:

Janette said...

Sent you a Gmail invite. I've used AOL, Yahoo, Bigfoot and a few others. None of them compare to Gmail. SPAM controls are fantastic, the ability to archive and label messages, tons of other bells and whistles. PLUS if you use it with the Firefox browser it adds tons more bells and whistles you never imagined you would find useful.

Anonymous said...

You're SO right about AOL! I can get all that crap at Yahoo for free!

Hope the white dress search is over!