flickr

www.flickr.com

30 June, 2006

Let's Lunch

Today's schedule included waking up early (ok, 10am) so that I could get dressed and go over to the Magic Kingdom for lunch with Professor Tom. Tom and I have been friends since freshman year of high school when I swooped in and starting "dating" his best friend. (is it still called "dating" if you never really went anywhere??) He still lives up in Marlton, on the street where I used to live! Anyway, I went over to his hotel to drop off some tickets yesterday, because that's the kind of friend I am, and it was so good to see him. It was unexplainably good. I guess it's because I'm so far from where I grew up and he's a link to all that's good and simple and wholesome about my past.

He hasn't changed a bit... although he's shaved off the goofy beard he was sporting last time he was in town. The one that made him look a little like Bob Denver back in the Dobie Gillis days. I guess we'll have to take a new picture today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice guy! You always had good taste in friends! A really neat test of that is who remains as the years pass.