flickr

www.flickr.com

09 June, 2006

Traffic Woes

Weekend Assignment #115: You'll find an online highway sign generator here. Go there, write your own highway sign, and post it in your Journal or Blog.

Extra Credit: What was the worst traffic jam you've ever been in?

I'm not sure if this was the worst traffic jam I've ever been in, but it's got to be the most memorable. The year: 2000. My dad had driven up from Florida in his 1988 Buick to pick me up from college in Pennsylvania. We made it as far as Virginia (I'm not sure if it was I-95 or the turnpike. Does VA even have a turnpike?) and traffic just stopped. Well, after a half hour or so of barely moving, the car started to overheat. So Dad turned on the heater. In May. In Virginia. After another couple of minutes, officially angry at the world and HOT under the collar, my father turned to his newest gadget: the cell phone.

Did my dad call the highway patrol to find out what the traffic problem was? no.

To my horror, he called the Office of the Governor and screamed at some poor secretary/switchboard person about what poor planning it was to know that they were doing road construction and to still allow people to travel on that road.

Eventually we made it through Virginia, and I think my dad may have vowed to never go back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's a month long sign generator on www.CustomSignGenerator.com.