flickr

www.flickr.com

07 June, 2006

mmm...that's a good picture!

Your Monday Photo Shoot: Take a picture of something that starts with an "M". From marshmallows to muscilage, it's all good.

I was tempted to take a picture of the jar of marshmallow fluff that came home with Scott the other night (did I mention I rarely let him go shopping alone?), or of the mess on our computer desk, but then inspiration struck: how many M's could I get into one picture? I got three - Milo and his Monkey on the Man-Chair.



Milo has had his monkey almost his entire life. My then-roommate Helen (it was her idea to get Milo and another kitten) was obsessed with monkeys and had 2 dozen or more all over our apartment, and when tiny kitten Milo found this one, it was love at first sight. He was barely bigger than the monkey, and he'd grab it by the head and drag it between his legs wherever he went. And everywhere that Milo has lived, the monkey has been there to keep him company.

Of course, now the monkey is losing its facial features. I've been tempted in recent days to cut out the dangling nose and eye and sew up the hole, so that Milo doesn't end up with monkey plastic embedded in his large intestine. But the stuffing in the body of the monkey is all plastic pellets anyway. Eventually, the monkey is going to spring a leak. I've also tried to tempt Milo with other tiny monkeys, a little cat that has his coloring, and a bean-bag frog, but he won't touch them. The monkey, however, tends to sleep with him at night. Aren't they just the cutest pair?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many moments and memories may make Milo and Monkey some money, but most likely, just mementos!

Anonymous said...

Merde! I forgot to mention all the Mob Lea memories on the Man Chair!