flickr

www.flickr.com

17 September, 2006

I Own A Car!

That's right folks, Frances is all mine! I paid her off earlier this year, but the title has always been in Joanne's name (because the loan was also in her name). So we spent an hour on Friday afternoon going to the tax collector in Brooksville to re-title the car. $60 later, I have a registration and in 7-10 days I'll have a title, both with MY name on it. And then in March I'm going to renew again, and bump Joanne's name completely off. Then the car will be 100% mine. Woot!

When we got back to the hotel, I ran into my mom and some other family in the hall and started yelling, "I OWN A CAR!" I was so loud that Scott came out of our room to yell at me for the noise. He was kidding, of course. But if it hadn't been 5 in the afternoon, I probably would have been yelled at by someone else.

Of course, the reason Joanne and I were in the same place at the same time was for Mom's wedding. I figure everyone who cares about all of the details was there, so here's a short list of my favorite parts:

  • Pastor Tim speaking during the ceremony about how both Mom and Michael have adult children and grandchildren. For the rest of the afternoon, my aunts and cousins were all asking when I had a kid and why they didn't know. Then Scott got in on the act, looking straight at me and saying "why didn't **I** know?"

  • Pastor Bob changing the words to Come What May. The real lyrics say "listen to my heart, can you hear it sings, telling me to give you everything." He changed it to "telling you to give me everything." Actually, he was my favorite part of the wedding weekend. If I wasn't committed to the First National Church of People Who Work on Sundays, I could actually see myself driving down there for church every week.

  • Seeing the family. We don't see nearly enough of eachother.

    By the way, can someone please tell me what the appropriate response is to someone saying, "congratulations on marrying your mom off"? My response, "yeah... now she won't be a burden to me in old age" didn't go over so well. I can honestly say it went over less well than a fart in church. I mean, why are you congratulating ME? It's not like I set them up or something. And I WAS kidding.

    As always, my camera performed less than ideally. My only two pictures of me and Scott together were too blurry to save. And of the four we took with me and mom, none came out, and I had to crop us out of a picture with other people. And we're still fuzzy. So the only picture I'm going to post here is one taken after the ceremony. I titled it, "Bridesmaids Jockeying for Position." That's me allll the way on the left, and the matron of honor alllll the way on the right, with mom and a bunch of other women in the middle.



    I guess they didn't get the memo that it's all about me. Oh well!
  • No comments: