flickr

www.flickr.com

24 September, 2006

Cleanse My Mind...PLEASE!

Our restaurant, as you may know by now, creates personalized menus for each person. We include their name, and a second line is available for "Happy Birthday" or other such nonsense. And every now and then we have some smartass call wanting something strange put on their menu. I think "Enjoy Being 39" was my favorite.

Last night I was doing menus for a man and woman with different last names, and the instructions were that her menu was to read "First Rendezvous."

STOP! Before reading on, I'd like you to form an opinion on what this couple was "celebrating" with their big fancy dinner that that was what the man wanted to put on her menu.

I, whilst printing and assembling menus, couldn't come up with anything that wasn't tawdry, or at the very least creepy:

1) They boinked for the first time last night. Or at least that was the plan. After seven courses of rich food, my guess is that they slept it off.

2) They met in some on-line chat room and this was their first meeting. (ok, I guess that one has the potential to not be tawdry or creepy... but I still think it is)

And even if they were celebrating something completely innocent, like their first vacation together, I think he picked the creepiest way to spell it out. Men say the darndest things when they're trying to be suave.

1 comment:

Janette said...

My first thought is "ick" but lemme think about it a little longer.....

Hm, nope. All I'm getting is "ick" but on different levels. I think that it's a safe bet that she won't be putting that menu in her scrap book. Ick.