flickr

www.flickr.com

13 March, 2007

We're On Vacation!!!

...and my feet already hurt!

I spent my first day of vacation Park Hopping with Mom and Michael all around Epcot... except only in Future World. I can't believe we didn't even get to Mexico for margaritas! Apparently it's spring break somewhere, and the lines were long and the FastPasses were all handed out. We waited 1/2 hour for HISTA and an hour for Soarin'. At least we walked right on to Figment and the Land boat ride and Spaceship Earth! Mom wanted to do Test Track, but the single rider line wait was over an hour. Who has time for that?

Oh well, maybe next time!

I did have an unexpected moment of Disney magic today. The "old folks" stopped to do some survey (ironically, all about food & beverage and we didn't even buy a Coke in the park!) and I wandered over to the Leave a Legacy kiosk. There was no line, and I was able to have the nice lady look up my tile. So here we are in our etched-metal-on-granite-monolith glory: me and Christina. Scott and I had only been dating a month when I got my free tile offer, and rather than immortalize "some guy I was dating," I decided the picture of us daughters would make a great Father's Day gift for my dad.

Really, what are the odds that Scott and I would still be together five years later, and that the sister would have been the short chapter in my autobiography?

Anyway, we did have a good time today, despite the crowds. Michael had never been to WDW before, and while I would have taken him over to MK to do the classic rides, we had fun. The only thing that could have improved it would have been one of those rainbow margaritas with sugar on the rim... but I guess I'll have plenty of time for margaritas in 5 days!!

Note: the Legacy tile photo is courtesy of my mom's camera phone. I'm going to go back and take a picture with my good camera. All I had today was the pocket-size, which took pictures even blurrier than that one! But I did get a decent picture of the grown-ups.

5 comments:

Janette said...

Ooh, that is weird. Well at least Christina was a really cute kid and you aren't immortalized with some ugly munchkin. Too bad it's not of you and Scott though.

Glad y'all had fun!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Is that a hair weave? What an attractive and happy couple!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a really cool day! The crack bar was fun, and we have a new photo for our desk top!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of an episode of Roseanne

Jamie the ParkHopper said...

was there a specific episode or Roseanne? is that snark that I'm missing? oh well...my loss I guess.