flickr

www.flickr.com

29 March, 2007

Back At It

Today, I returned to the "real world." While there, I caught the trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. I highly recommend it, if only for the clip of Captain Jack and Davy Jones sword fighting.

(note - video quality on here sucks, but I wanted something I could embed. This link is better)

Amazingly enough, my office was still standing when I got back. In fact, there were no major issues for me to tackle at all. I had some correspondence to catch up on, and had to re-learn how to do my job (the brain is apparently still waterlogged), but it was basically business as usual.

Sadly, I returned to the news that my trainee (now fully trained and competent) was offered an amazing job opportunity in a part of the country she really loves. Her last day is April 13. And the Boss is going to be having much-needed back surgery in the coming weeks - with a minimum three week recovery time.

Perhaps I'll have a new trainee by the end of June. Perhaps he or she will last longer than 4 months.

I was about halfway through my shift today when I realized that I really do like my job. I dreaded going back because I was truly enjoying my life of sloth, but once I walked in the door, I was happy to be there. Of course, it helped that I was greeted with a whole bunch of "you were missed" stories from some of the others in the office. I dig the positive reinforcement!

Life is good.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for liking your job! That always makes life so much more enjoyable!

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to like your job! Good luck in the interim between trainee and replacement!

Anonymous said...

Umm, I'm not good with names, but did I see Queen Amadala in that trailer?