flickr

www.flickr.com

05 October, 2008

"Awesome" Notes

"Use your words, Jamie!"

Somehow, the word "awesome" has sneaked back into my vocabulary in a big ugly way. Today, I was writing a note to our Operations Manager (henceforth known as "guy who didn't hire me") on a post-it:
Guy who didn't hire me,
Here's an awesome guest compliment letter that The Boss thought you'd enjoy.
JM


And then right before I left for the night, I left a stack of brand new cocktail menus (transcribed from the lounge menus with big tacky photos that The Boss doesn't feel has any place in his stuffy uptight dining room) on The Boss's desk with the following note:

You're welcome!
Yes, I am awesome! :-)
J-Mo


I don't know what's come over me! Really though, it's got to stop.

I've heard it said that using profanity is a sign of unintelligence. I guess the theory is that someone more articulate could express the same feeling without resorting to vulgarity. Frankly, sometimes I think a good "fuck" is an excellent way to get your point across. And if you can use the same word 20+ times in one post and not come off looking like a ghetto superstar, more power to you.

But awesome?!?! That just makes you sound like you're trapped in the 80's. And that's not good for anyone! Tsk tsk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What did the letter say, you awesome person?

Did they mention your BANGS? Nothing says 80's quite like a big ol' poodle puff on the forehead! Big bangs are so awesome! They're RAD!