flickr

www.flickr.com

26 October, 2008

A Rare Sports Post

How 'bout them Lions? When I left work last night, Ohio State was winning a defense-heavy game 6 to 3. When I got home (to find Scott PLAYING VIDEO GAMES instead of holding vigil for me) the score was 13-6. And we were winning! I got to watch the last minute of the game, including that amazing interception in the end zone, and then I did my College Football Happy Dance. Scott did a little happy dancing too, though his game wasn't half as exciting.

How 'bout them Phillies? I watched 4 innings of this game (minus a few SNL sketches) - enough to see the Phillies' back-to-back home runs, and to see the Rays come back to tie the game in the 8th. Then I went to sleep. I just didn't want to risk staying up to watch extra innings. It looks like they pulled it off though, and are now up 2-1 in the series. Game 4 is tonight.

Back to PSU for a minute. They are off next week, and that worries me a bit. Bama would have been #1 if they hadn't had the week off when Texas jumped them in the rankings to become #1. Now that Ohio State is out of the way, I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that they stay undefeated for the rest of the season and that Texas or Bama loses (sorry Scott). But what happens if #4 wins next week and they jump us? Hopefully that won't happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best line in SNL was
"Caribou Barbie"

Anonymous said...

Go Bamma, Roll Tide!