flickr

www.flickr.com

16 October, 2010

Mischief Managed

Scott and Katie and I tried to go to the corn maze this afternoon, but despite getting there almost 3 hours before closing time we were turned away. The experience wasn't positive, and I'm very sad because I'd been looking forward to going for 3 years. So we went to World Market in search of eclectic things instead. Katie got a cool hat, Scott got 2 fun new glasses, and I got a bottle of cherry soda. (I told you I was sad!)

And then I walked over and caught Scott being mischievous. He was doing our old trick of setting all of the timers so that they go off at the same time and then walking away. I had to take a picture of his handiwork:

It was the look in his eyes as he flipped them over that made me smile. And when I asked what he was doing and he responded wide-eyed that he was "setting all the timers so that they go off at the same time," I belly laughed.

And if I do say so myself, that's a pretty sweet picture. There is one other picture I took today, of the sign across from the corn maze parking lot (where, by the way, we were greeted by a man dressed as a scarecrow, complete with burlap sack over his face!):

Had it said "Grower of Truly Truly Truly Outrageous Sod," I would've hopped out of the car and made someone take my picture with it!

2 comments:

wickedmess said...

Sorry you were disappointed. Why did they turn you away?

That's a great photo of the timers! I bet you could sell that one on Etsy as a card or on one of the stock photo sites.

Jamie the ParkHopper said...

They're only open until 5, and since the maze can take up to 2 hours to complete, they stop selling tickets at 3. The line to get in was more than an hour long at 2:15, so they weren't letting anyone else in. I just think it's a crappy business model - they're losing at least 2 hours of sunlight.