flickr

www.flickr.com

09 September, 2007

Part of This Balanced Breakfast

I just got through explaining to Scott that chocolate-covered caramel corn is actually a complete breakfast. (do you even have to ask why I was explaining it? of course not! I had extra after I finished loading up the container for the pot luck, and I was munching on it when he woke up)

The Fruit Loops commercials "complete breakfast" used to include toast, a glass of milk, a glass of juice, and a banana, in addition to the bowl of cereal. That's great, but the dairy, fruit, and starch food groups were there without even including the cereal. So next time kids, just have a peanut butter and banana sandwich with your glass of milk!

....or just have some of Jamie's Special Breakfast Mix:
* chocolate = dairy. calcium builds strong bones!
* pop corn = both a vegetable and a starch... and when was the last time you had a vegetable for breakfast? see! it's a health food!
* peanuts = protein. and better for you than bacon
* Pair this with a glass of fruit juice, and we have a complete meal!

Of course, I believe I have perma-chocolate under some of my finger nails. But that's the price of healthy eating! (and yes, I plan to supplement with a bagel in about an hour)

No comments: