flickr

www.flickr.com

15 September, 2007

Shopping for Free Furniture

I can't remember how much I've talked about our office renovation. I know I mentioned putting together our shelves. Well yesterday Number Two and I went over to the warehouse of used office furniture - yes, there is such a place - and were given run of the place to pick out whatever we wanted. Well, we ended up deciding on two gorgeous desks that don't even look like they were ever used. And they will be delivered next Friday.

I am thrilled!

Of course, this means packing up everything off the desks Thursday night and being there Friday morning when the crew comes to pick up the old desks, and when the other crew comes to bring the new ones. Between being out of the office for 2 hours yesterday and having my hands full with other projects on Thursday, I am officially behind on my work. Plus, since I'm not counting on getting any actual work done next Friday, and since I'll be out of the office the following Sunday, I figure I should work on Monday just to get us caught up on everything. Maybe 4 hours before my first Candlelight rehearsal(!!!).

And then The Boss comes back from almost 3 weeks out of the office on Tuesday. I can't even imagine what he's going to say when he comes in. I sincerely hope it isn't, "I hate everything - put it back the way it was," or "no, you can't have the new desks." I might cry. I'm hoping for something along the lines of, "the office looks great. and I brought you presents from Europe."

No comments: