flickr

www.flickr.com

22 September, 2007

The Desks Are In!

I was at work yesterday for 13 1/2 hours (minus the hour I went out to lunch with Scott). This means I was out of the house for about 15 hours. Thank goodness I have tomorrow off to recuperate. I should've been smart like Scott and taken today and tomorrow off.

I absolutely love my new desk. I love the way we have the furniture set up. And I love that every single person who walked in the office yesterday stopped dead in their tracks and said "wow - it looks like a real office in here!" Here's some pictures of the new digs:

This is your view as you enter the office. My desk is in the front, and the other night person will be sitting at the back desk. In the background there you can see the wall of The Boss's desk, Number Two sits just to the right of the picture.

And here's the view from Number Two's desk. Check out all that new file storage space! In a few days when I get back from the mini vacation, I might take a new picture once the other girls move their stuff in (just so it doesn't seem like my desk is the messy one - because I assure you it's not!). I only wish I had thought to take some "before" pictures to clearly illustrate just what a HUGE step up this has been.

Of course, now the office is pretty much broken up into two parts: the nice new part, and the ghetto old part. I think the bosses will probably get real new furniture by the end of the next fiscal year. And all of us need new chairs. For now, I'm just excited to go to work and use my new desk!

note: these pictures were taken with my camera phone, which apparently has a smudge on the lens. though I do enjoy that dream-like quality it gives my work space.

No comments: