flickr

www.flickr.com

21 September, 2007

Books A Go Go

This is going to be a quickie. I promised myself I'd go directly to bed as soon as I finished burning 2 copies of a rehearsal CD. The second copy just popped out, but I still have 1/2 glass of wine left.

Scalzi's Weekend Assignment: What books do you want to read - but haven't yet? These could be new books, classic books you've just not gotten around to, books you've bought but haven't cracked the spines of, or a book you want to get but for some reason haven't. The salient characteristic is that you want to read it, but just haven't yet.

Funny you should ask! A little over a month ago, I went and bought Sammy's House and two cheap used books at Books A Million. I devoured Sammy's House within the week, but have been saving the other two books for the next vacation. The cheap books are used library books that BAM was selling for $3 each: "The Amateur Marriage" and "The First 48." The first may or may not be a romance novel. The second is a crime drama (with the same title as one of Scott's favorite TV shows - that's why I picked it up in the first place). Another book that I want to read but haven't yet managed to get my hands on: The Lost Colony (darn you Scalzi for publishing the first chapter free online!). And in the "classics you've just not gotten around to" category, I'd like to read Gone With The Wind some day.

Extra credit: Do you usually prefer the book or the movie? The book, of course! My most recent literary disappointment was Bridge to Terabithia, but there are so many more - from Jurassic Park to Les Miserables to Harry Potter - that I can't even list them all! Although I must say, the first installment of Chronicles of Narnia was pretty good.

No comments: