flickr

www.flickr.com

06 September, 2007

Office Update

(or Why Jamie Smells Like a Horse)

Our office renaissance continues. The new taller & deeper shelving unit was delivered a few days ago, and Number Two and I put it together and loaded it up tonight. The office looks so much neater already. Not ones to sit on our laurels, we immediately launched into the next phase. This included him ordering another matching unit for another section of the wall, and me using a box cutter on many many many pieces of poster board.

See, we have a whole bunch of posters of various wine regions (Alsace, Burgundy, Bordeaux, Italy, and Napa to name a few of the 10+) taking up space in the office, and Number Two decided we should hang them up in some of the empty wall space to "decorate" the office. Well, the poster board is 2' x 3', but the actual posters mounted on the board are closer to 1.5' x 2'. So I'm trimming off the excess poster board. I got 3 done before I left tonight, and should be finished in the next few days.

Oh - but back to the shelving unit - it was a pain in the @$$ to put together. It required a hammer and lots of muscle power, and the shelves are nothing more than 3/8" particle board, which caused me a bunch of scrapes and gouges as I installed them.

Another facet of work is also really exciting to me right now: the search for the new part-timer. Apparently I write one helluva job description. Last time (before I worked there), the job was open for many months with no applicants. This time, our one-week posting yielded about 7 applicants. Number Two got their resumes today, and they actually seem (gasp!) experienced (double gasp!) maybe even competant. He isn't sure what the approved time-line is for scheduling interviews, and is worried he'll have to do it before The Boss returns from Europe. Either way you slice it, I hope that I'll be included in interviews again. I was when we hired G, and if there's a choice to be made, I ought to at least know the players involved.

So work was eventful today. And though I need to buckle down and get some serious calling done in the next three days, I'm not stressed about it. And did I mention that help is on the way? And that the office project is more than 1/2 way done? I'm so excited I could just pee myself!

No comments: