flickr

www.flickr.com

27 July, 2008

A Comedy of Errors

The planets aligned Friday night. Had I read my horoscope that day, I imagine the text would have included the words "stay home."

Seriously.

I woke up to find my right eye once again totally red. It didn't hurt, there were no green eye boogies, and it wasn't quite as bad as the last time. Of course, that meant no contacts and no eye make up (not good for any activity under bright lights).

After taking 2 pictures backstage, I got a "card full" error message on the camera. So I spent the next half hour deleting old pictures while warming up, getting notes, etc.

Around 7:40, I turned my camera over to Scott and took the long walk to the UK pavilion to go to the bathroom. The sky looked dark, but not dark enough to imply imminent rain. Wrong! By the time I finished in the bathroom, there may as well have been a waterfall to run through. It was bad! So I borrowed a plastic garbage bag from the custodial woman, and decided the most important thing was my hair. So I wrapped up my head and made a run for it. And I was soaked by the time I made it back. Luckily, the shirt was a light enough fabric that getting wet didn't make it look any different. And no one saw my soaking wet skirt anyway - the back row has its benefits.

I also got foot powder all over my brown shoes, and some other little things happened that I can't even remember.

Of course, the show was fine. My feet are still swollen, but I'm hoping a week of sitting on my butt will cure that. And now, yet another video. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Minima said...

Yikes! You know, I have days like that way too often.

Glad to hear that the performance went well. I hope that you conquer the eye problem soon.

Anonymous said...

LOVED the video! All those good memories!